more pearls than whine

Monday, March 14, 2005

Twelve geese in a row

When I was walking my dog along the lake road the other day, I saw a group of geese that appeared frozen on the ice ... like statues. It was such a dramatic scene that I stopped to really take it in. They were arrayed more or less in a line, spreading out from the edge of an open water area. When I looked closely, I saw that three were standing and the rest were sitting ... absolutely still. One of the standing geese started walking. Until then it was almost surreal.

Naturally, I didn't have a camera ... it would have been stunning. Then I wondered what message or bit of wisdom I was supposed to get. I counted the geese, studied their positions, soaked in the scene ... but nothing came through. And then I thought perhaps I should accept it as a gift of beauty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home