more pearls than whine

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Definitely a Pearl

There's nothing wrong with me, there's nothing wrong with me, there's nothing wrong with me!

I've been chanting this to myself all day and I feel great. Maybe it's just the day, maybe it's a shift in consciousness.

In clearing out Stuff (Decluttering Project Blog), I came upon a book called There's Nothing Wrong With You. Wow. What a concept.

Actually the cover has more on it. It says

Regardless of what you've been told There's Nothing Wrong With You Revised Edition ... Going Beyond Self-Hate ... A compassionate process for learning to accept yourself exactly as you are, by Cheryl Huber, who is "a student and teacher of zen for over 30 years." On the back cover ... "We will attempt to explain that you have been unable to fix yourself because there is nothing wrong with you, but there is quite a lot 'wrong' with what you have been taught to believe about yourself and about life."

It really is quite extraordinary.

And, that trying to FIX yourself perpetuates the myth that there is something that needs fixing.

Whatta concept!

There's nothing wrong with me.

The idea is ... once you embrace yourself as you are, then all those things you've been trying to fix fall away by themselves because they don't need to be there to help perpetuate the myth that there's something wrong. Does that make sense?

Pretty convoluted.

I like it.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home